Sunday, August 28, 2011

Need A Career Change? Develop A Positive Mindset


You may need a career change if you hate your job, your boss, your salary or your work schedule. 
Does that sound scary?  It can be unless you develop a positive mindset.  That’s what it took for me to change my career at 44 years of age. 
< Find this free book here
So where do you start?  How do you develop a positive mind set?  Here’s my career change advice and do these things I did. 
1) Become so dissatisfied with your job that you will make a change no matter what happens to the choice you make.
2) Listen to positive thinking messages.  Audio messages on a CD player are best. Here is a great source for them.
3) Don’t listen to others who try to discourage you or change your way of thinking.  This goes for family members, friends, relatives or anyone else who are giving you advice.
4) Talk to others you will support your decision to change or read stories of those who have made such a decision.
5) Meditate on successes you have had in the past, like being an officer in a local club, winning an award for something special you did, graduating with top honors in a self development seminar, being a top producer in a fund raising event or anything that you did exceptionally well..
6) If you need to pump up your positive mindset before making a decision to quit your unpleasant job right away, then take on a part time job or try out a home-based business on the Internet.
My first decision didn’t work out as quickly as I had wished it would but since it was a part time sales job I developed a strong enough positive mindset to convince myself this was a career I wanted to spend the rest of my life doing.  
Consequently I submitted several resumes for a sales position and in a matter of weeks went for an interview and was hired on the spot. 
From there I spent 20 years in that sales career and eventually became a sales supervisor where I trained a sales staff to develop territories from the Midwest to the West.
 Here’s the plan I used and also shared with my sales staff to help them become successful in their careers as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment